SimilarTech Ltd. and SimilarTech Inc. (collectively "SimilarTech" or "Company" or "we"
or "us" or "our") is the sole owner of an analysis tool which enables its business
partners or potential clients to receive insights (i.e., market research, trends, leads, etc.) to
leverage and grow their businesses ("Platform"). SimilarTech interacts with current and
prospective clients and the general public via its Website, available at: https://www.similartech.com
of processing data from visitors to the Website or from our clients and partners ("Business
Partners") once they register to receive our API, analytic data, insights and filtered dashboard
tool (all, collectively the "Service").
We have included below information about which data is collected, how we process and use your data, but before we would like to explain the basis on which we do so:
- Where you sign up for any of our services, we process your personal data in order to perform our contract with you;
- If we have a legitimate interest in processing data, such as for direct marketing or online identifiers when you access our Website; or
- We will also process your personal data where you have provided us with consent to do so.
What Type of Information We Collect
Depending on your interaction with us (meaning, if you are just browsing our Website, or if you have registered to our Services and opened an account, etc.), we may collect two types of information you, as follows:
- Non-Personal Data: The first type of information is non-identifiable information which may be made available or gathered through your use of the Services. To clarify, we are not aware of your identity due to such information ("Non-Personal Information"). The Non-Personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted or automatically collected such as (but not limited to): the time and date you access our Website, your actions within our Services (e.g., registration, pages viewed, etc.) and approximate geo-location (country level).
- Personal Data: The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes either: (i) contact information such as your name, email address, etc., which you have submitted voluntarily; or (ii) your Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses (the addresses of computers on the Internet). Note that, while IP is considered personally identifiable information in many jurisdictions (such as the EEA), there are some jurisdictions in which such data is not considered as Personal Information. Therefore, we treat such information as Personal Information, in accordance with applicable laws, however we do not attempt to analyze or determine your identity based on such information or otherwise combine it with any Personal Information such as your name or email address. The IP is collected by our third party analytic partners that offer ways to opt-out, all as detailed below.
Information we collect from visitors of our Website
Note that, we recommend you do not disclose Personal Information through the content of your comment. This comment shall be publicly posted and we cannot control any third party's use of such information.
Information We Collect from Business Partners
You may also choose to sign in with your Google+ account. Such network account may provide us with access to certain information about you as stored therein (e.g. full name, e-mail and any other information which you made public).
Publicly Available Information
How We Collect Information
Depending on the nature of your interaction with the Services, we may collect information as follows:
We may use our third-party service provider's software technologies known as "cookies" to
collect and store information related to your interactions with the Services. A "cookie" is a small
piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies
are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you
to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering
your preferences and making the interaction between you and the Services quicker and easier. We also
automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or
to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your device. Each browser is different, but generally
users can remove cookies by following directions provided in the browser's "help" file. Also, you
are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. Please note that, if you reject cookies or
disable cookies, some features of the Website may not function properly.
- Google Analytics this cookie is placed in order to track and analyze the use of our Services, for internal purposes. To learn more about how Google uses data from our use of Google Analytics Cookies, we recommend you review Google's policies located at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. We also encourage you to review the Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web tool available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
With Whom Do We Share The Information, And For What Purpose
We do not share any Personal Information collected from you with third parties or any of our partners except in the following events:
- Third Party service providers - share your information with third parties that perform services on our behalf (e.g. API providers, payment process, tracking, servers, service functionality and support, marketing, etc.) these third parties may be located in different jurisdictions;
- Law Requirement - we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (i.e., to comply with courts injunction, etc.);
- Policy Enforcement - we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to enforce our policies including investigations of potential violations thereof or to detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues;
- Company's Rights - we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- Third Party Rights - we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party or for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
We retain the information we collect as long as it remains necessary for the purposes set forth above, all in accordance with applicable laws, or until an individual expresses a preference to opt-out. We may at our sole discretion, delete or amend information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for such purposes.
How Do We Safeguard And Transfer Your Information
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of Company's Website, Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our users' information and prevent unauthorized use of any such. We have implemented technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect the Personal Information, including without limitation by using industry standard encryption (SSL). In addition, we limit access to your information on our servers. The data collected by us is stored in the AWS data servers, for more information regarding the data security provided by AWS, please see: https://aws.amazon.com/security/. For additional information regarding our security measures please see https://www.similartech.com/security. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse Company's Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Your Rights, Choices And Controls of Your Personal Information
Individuals have the right to know what information we hold about them and, in some cases, to have
such information communicated to them. Individuals may also ask for our confirmation as to whether
or not we process their Personal Information. Subject to the limitations in applicable law,
individuals may also be entitled to obtain from us the Personal Information they have provided to us
in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format, and may have the right to transmit such
Personal Information to another party.
The principal rights under applicable data protection law in relation to Personal Information are as follows:
- the right to access any information which is provided to us;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent (to the extent applicable).
We may send our Business Partners an email or other messages about us or our Services. We may also our updates or newsletter to individuals who have registered to these services. You can remove your Personal Information from our mailing list and stop receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in the event you are our Business Partner, even if you unsubscribe, we reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, relating either to your account or to your transactions the Services, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them unless you terminate and delete your account. If you wish to delete your Account, please contact us at: email@example.com. Note that, even if we will delete your account, we will not delete certain information required under applicable law or otherwise, required for the legitimate purposes of our business. For example, we will not delete any invoices sent to you as we need it for the purpose of managing our financials.
Opt - Out
You may control how your browser responds to cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings of your web browser. Please refer to the support page of the browser you are using. In this regard, following are some links which you may find useful:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en;
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences;
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411;
- Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy;
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ ;
Do Not Track Disclosure
The Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please see: http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or any concerns with respect to how your
privacy any information are handled, please contact us at:
Nahalat Binyamin 54, Tel Aviv, Israel. ZIP 6515403.
You can also contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer:
If you have any requests regarding the data collected under this Policy, including without limitation, requests to remove, delete, amend, modify or transfer the data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com. Please include your name, address and email address in any correspondence so that we can respond to your inquiry or request.